Which motorblock is better: prices, reviews and characteristics of this type of equipment
Today, machinery is increasingly becoming an indispensable assistant on an agricultural plot. It allows you to save time and effort when processing large areas, and at the same time cope with the tasks efficiently and quickly. As a rule, tillers are chosen for these purposes. The article will disclose information about which tillers are better: prices, reviews and tips on choosing the model that is optimally suitable for your purposes.
Tillers or cultivators: what to choose
Before purchasing gardening equipment, it is necessary to understand the differences between a tillerblock and a cultivator: prices, reviews, which models are better, etc. Some farmers succumb to the general hype or completely confuse these two types of equipment. In fact, a tillerblock and a cultivator are two different devices that differ in their purpose and functionality.
Main features of cultivators and tillers
The features and purpose of the cultivator are as follows:
- the only function of the cultivator, according to its name, is soil cultivation;
- the result of the cultivator’s work is soft earth and crushing of weed roots;
- the cultivator’s engine can be gasoline or electric;
- the cultivator has no other capabilities and functions besides cultivating the soil;
- cultivators are much cheaper than tillers.
Tillers are a more complex and versatile technique:
- the functionality of the tillerblock depends on the attachments installed on it;
- it is possible to install a cultivator, a spud, a plow and other devices on a tillerblock;
- this type of equipment can also be used to transport goods by installing a trailer and wheels — thus, the tillerblock turns into a mini-tractor. On the Internet you can find a video of a tractor from a tillerblock with your own hands;
- when purchasing a tillerblock and attachments to it, you immediately acquire an electric generator, a mower, a water pump and a number of other devices, which this unit can act as;
- equipment replacement is simple and does not take more than 15 minutes;
- the basic equipment includes wheels and a cultivator, the rest of the equipment must be purchased separately, choosing only the devices that are relevant in your household;
- both domestic and imported models of tillers are presented on the modern market, as well as hybrid variants, when Japanese or Chinese engines for tillers are combined with a chassis of local production.
Thus, the prices of tillers with a power take-off shaft are higher than conventional cultivators, however, the former provide incomparably more opportunities, because the trailed equipment makes this technique truly universal. Therefore, most prefer these devices to cultivators. However, if your sole purpose of acquiring equipment is to ensure the cultivation of the soil, it is advisable to buy a simple cultivator, while saving money.
Useful advice! Keep in mind that the versatility of tillers extends to the scope of their application. For example, a tillerblock can easily be used in a greenhouse, where the operation of a mini-tractor is impossible.
What is a tillerblock
The name of this type of technique speaks for itself. The mechanized unit operates on the basis of an engine, which can be gasoline or diesel. The gearbox shaft is supplemented with a right and left motor – attachments are attached to it, which is responsible for expanding the functionality of the device.
Wheels with powerful tires are responsible for the movement of the tillers. The stuck dirt is independently cleaned from the wheels while moving on the ground, provided that it is properly installed based on the direction of their rotation. You can find out how to install the wheels from the instructions for the tillerblock.
A special lever is provided to adjust the lifting height and steering angle. A non-removable self-charging battery acts as a battery.
Types and prices of tillers and attachments to them
The functionality of the tillerblock depends on the number of attachments, because it is responsible for performing various tasks. Such devices can be included in the basic equipment or purchased separately.
Of course, the more versatile and functional the device, the higher its price, so it is advisable to initially decide which additions to the tillers you need right away, and then, as necessary, to buy additional elements.
Many details can be made independently, for example, it is easy to find drawings, videos of potato planters for a tillerblock with your own hands. Or you can modify the device if you make snowmobiles from tillers with your own hands. So, you will save finances and get equipment that perfectly meets your needs, because independent work is more profitable than the prices of snowmobile consoles for tillers.
There are the following main types of attachments:
- mowers: there are mounted, frontal or rotary mowers, with their help they mow the tops, take care of the lawn and harvest hay. You can make a mower for a tillerblock with your own hands or buy a factory model for 8,500 rubles or higher;
- hoppers: there are paired, single, disc, ploughshares. With their help, plants are hoed and the soil is loosened between rows to remove weeds. The price starts from the 400 rubles mark;
- cultivators: used for cultivating the land can also be used for harrowing the fertile soil layer. The cost of the factory model is about 3,500 rubles., although you can make a special attachment for a video harrow for a tillerblock with your own hands;
- riding module: if necessary, to handle large areas of the site, such a module allows a person to sit. The cost of a plough-driven cart starts from 10300 rubles;
- trailer: used for cargo transportation, can be conventional or have a tipping body. It can be made with your own hands, drawings of trailers for a tillerblock will not be difficult to find on the Internet. You can buy a product in the store for 13700 rubles and above.
Petrol or diesel: choosing the optimal engine type
Between gasoline, electric and diesel engine types, most choose diesel. The choice of 9-liter gasoline tillers is often due to the desire to save on the purchase, because gasoline models are cheaper. However, diesel technology has a number of undeniable advantages:
- The efficiency of its work is higher;
- when operating such a device, there is significantly less fuel consumption than gasoline analogues, so it is safe to say that when you purchase a diesel device after a short period of time, you will save more than if you buy a 9-liter gasoline tillerblock.;
- durability: more wear-resistant and reliable parts are used for the diesel engine;
Water-cooled diesel tillers: types of equipment and tips for choosing. The main features and advantages of this type of equipment. Varieties of tillers, comparison of models and recommendations for selection.
- ideal adaptability for plowing, cultivating and hoeing, thanks to the ability to function at low speeds due to high traction;
- ease of use: the absence of a carburetor eliminates the need for constant adjustment of equipment;
- the presence of air or water cooling.
Which engine to buy for a tillerblock: the choice of volume and power
The main parameter when choosing is the power indicator, since the price of the engine for the tillerblock directly depends on it, as well as the power affects the efficiency of the equipment.
Classification of tillers: heavy, light and medium
Depending on the engine power and the weight of the equipment itself, tillers are divided into three categories:
The weight of a heavy tillerblock exceeds 100 kg, and the power is 10 hp. Such equipment has a power take–off shaft that transmits torque to the cutters – the speed of the tillerblock itself does not affect this process, and the price does not depend on it. Which motorcycle cultivator is better? Reviews claim that the cost of heavy equipment is fully justified by its effectiveness, because the weight guarantees the absence of sharp jerks during the operation of the device, which is important when processing virgin soil or accidental ingress of stones or roots under attachments.
Components of such tillers are distinguished by high wear resistance and a long service life without loss of operational characteristics, which is extremely important, because such mechanisms can work up to 20 hours a day.
The prices of heavy tillers are always higher, however, and their characteristics are incomparable with the equipment of other categories. In the ranking of tillers among heavy equipment, German manufacturers hold the lead, followed by American firms. Domestic models are no less versatile, but somewhat inferior in reliability to their imported counterparts. Although the favorable prices and availability of such tillers make them worthy competitors in the modern market.
Useful advice! It is important to understand that when buying equipment, you should also take into account the availability of components for it. After all, not only the prices of the crawler attachment to the tillerblock, but also any other spare parts from an imported manufacturer will be higher. In addition, the service base plays a role: with a foreign manufacturer, you will have to order parts, which means that there can be no question of any urgency.
Light and medium tillers: parameters and features
The weight of the average devices ranges from 80 to 100 kg. The motor power is usually 5-6 hp. With their help, you can transport loads weighing up to 500 kg. As in the case of heavy models, medium tillers are easily supplemented with attachments, which significantly expands their functionality. When using a pump, they can be used to pump water.
Light tillers weigh up to 80 kg. The engine power of such equipment does not exceed 4 hp. They are able to work the soil to a depth of up to 15 cm. When choosing such models, keep in mind that they are not suitable for processing virgin land or heavy soil: the tillerblock will work in jerks, which will result in heterogeneity of plowing and the presence of islands of untouched land.
But for the treatment of light soils, for example, peat, light models are optimally suited. With minimal soil resistance, the tillerblock easily and efficiently plows, loosens and hills the earth.
Calculations of engine power based on the area of the site
The indicators of the volume and power of the engine required for processing a specific area with a tillerblock depend on its area.
Gripping (width) of the tillerblock and engine capacity depending on the area of the site:
|Plot area||Engine power, hp||Gripping (width) of the tillerblock, cm|
|up to 20 acres||3,5||60|
|up to 60 acres||4||80|
|up to 1 ha||5-6||90|
|more than 4 hectares||it is more expedient to purchase a mini-tractor||—|
The power of the equipment directly affects its strength characteristics and endurance. Therefore, choosing a tillerblock with good power, you can be sure of the durability and reliability of the device.
Knowing the area of the site and the power of the equipment, you can calculate the number of passes, as well as the total path during operation on it. Also, with the help of such calculations, you can estimate the power of the tillerblock required for your site.
Example: the area of your plot is 1 ha, which is 100×100 m. When grabbing a 60 cm tillerblock and having to overlap by 5 cm, the actual processing width will be 55 cm. Dividing one side of the plot by this number, we get 182 – the number of passes required for its processing. It turns out that the length of the path is 18.2 km. Working at a speed of 0.4 km / h, it turns out that it will take 44.5 hours to process the site – almost 6 shifts without interruptions and refueling equipment. Thus, it is clear that a light motor-block will not cope with a plot of 1 ha and a more powerful technique is needed.
This type of device consumes little fuel, usually the consumption is 0.9-2.5 l/h. One canister of fuel usually takes 8-22 hours of equipment operation.
Which tillers are better: prices, reviews and important parameters to choose from
Fuel consumption does not belong to the determining parameters when choosing tillers, since more powerful models with higher fuel consumption, in turn, are characterized by a larger width of capture and cope with processing a section of the same area in less time.
Useful advice! Please note that the tillers of domestic production with imported engines (for example, the Ugra tillers with a Honda engine) require the use of higher-quality fuel compared to fully domestic counterparts.
According to the owners of tillers, the equipment of domestic production has a slightly lower level of reliability than the Japanese and German counterparts. Therefore, keep in mind that during the operation of such equipment, breakdowns are possible from time to time.
This often applies to devices of domestic production with foreign-made engines, for example, tillers with a Honda engine. This is especially true for motors for tillers with a gearbox. The problem is that in engines for tillers with a gearbox and clutch, it is the gearbox that often fails – this breakdown with the use of belt gears is especially relevant.
Thus, if periodic downtime of equipment is not critical for you, you can save on buying an expensive model. If the slightest equipment failures threaten you with financial losses, pay attention to the most reliable equipment.
Approximate prices for some models of tillers from various manufacturers:
|The model of the tillerblock||Engine brand||Engine power, hp||Type of fuel||Width/depth of grip, cm||Weight, kg||Price, rub.|
|Neva MB-2C-6.5||Subaru Ex17||6,5||petrol||76-170/20||100||46000|
|Oka MB-1D2M13||Subaru Ex17||6||petrol||60-90/30||90||38450|
|Agate HMM 6.5||Hammerman HGE-168F1||6,5||petrol||30-60/30||78||29900|
|Salute 5P-5.0||Subaru EY20-3D||5||petrol||60-90/30||78||36700|
|Ugra NMB-1N8 Lianlong LL168F-1||Lianlong LL-168F-1||7||petrol||60-80/30||90||33500|
|PATRIOT Boston 9DE||Patriot||9||diesel||125/30||164||70500|
|Brait BR-75||Brait 168F-2 sleeve||7||petrol||80-1200/150-300||70||49600|
|Pubert Quatro Junior 65B TWK+||Briggs&Stratton I/C 130G||6,5||petrol||90 and 60 (4/6 cutters)/up to 32||70||52000|
|Husqvarna TF 536||Subaru OHC EP21||6,39||petrol||30 and 90/30||70||98600|
How to choose an inexpensive and reliable tillerblock: purchase tips
Based on consumer feedback, several important nuances can be identified, paying attention to which you can choose the equipment that best meets your needs:
- according to reviews, the prices of tillers directly depend on their configuration, because it is the attachments that determine the functionality of the equipment. As a rule, the more devices are included in the unit, the more expensive it is and the better the feedback from users interested in the versatility of the device;
- at the purchase stage, be interested in what is included in the basic configuration of the models: at the same price, the tillers can be equipped with completely different equipment;
- decide which features of the tillerblock you are interested in first of all and proceed from them when choosing the basic equipment;
Useful advice! As a rule, first of all, wheels and a milling cutter for cultivating the soil are needed to work on the site. The rest of the devices are easy to buy over time, as needed.
- find out if a warranty is provided for the equipment, and what is the service life, as well as where the center for repairing the motor unit is located. After all, the delivery of equipment to the repair site and subsequent repairs take a lot of time, and if the service center is located far from your location, you risk losing a lot of time or even missing the sowing work;
- assess the condition of the soil on your site: if it is heavy or floating, choose a technique with a large margin of power;
- please specify whether it is possible to repair the gearbox in case of its breakdown, since in many models, in case of malfunction, the gearbox has to be changed completely, which significantly increases the cost of maintenance of equipment.
Characteristics and prices of tillers from different manufacturers
When buying a tillerblock, the most relevant selection criteria are the cost and power of the equipment. Most often, preference is given to equipment of Chinese and domestic production, since Japanese and German devices, although famous for high quality, differ in no less high prices. Chinese and domestic models are more affordable.
Interestingly, Chinese tillers presented on our market are often copied from Russian models: MB-1, Neva and Salyut. Many people note that the price of the Salyut motorblock is higher than the Chinese counterpart. However, it is important to remember here that the difference in cost is dictated not only by the cheapness of labor in China, but also by the use of lower-quality equipment for manufacturing the device, as well as savings on materials. As a result, paying a large price of the Salyut 100 motor unit, you will get a high-quality reliable unit, while in the case of Chinese equipment there is no confidence in quality.
Speaking of Russian products, it is worth paying attention to the comparison of the most popular representatives of domestic technology, four-wheel drive tillers Ugra and Oka.
Technical characteristics and reviews of owners of Ugra and Oka tillers
Both types of tillers are produced at JSC Kaluga Engine, while they have many differences in technical components. The only thing that is similar in these types of equipment is the engine. Kaluga Engine uses Lifan, Honda, Subaru engines and products of other world leaders in this field for tillers.
Thus, in search of a tillerblock with a Lifan 6.5 engine, you can pick up both an Oka tillerblock with a Lifan 6.5 engine and find an Ugra tillerblock with a Lifan engine. The first will cost 27900 rubles, the second with similar parameters will cost 34400 rubles.
In other respects, the characteristics of the technical components of the devices differ, and according to the owners, the tillerblock with the Ugra differential shows itself as a more reliable and efficient option than the Oka Lifan 6.5 tillerblock.
The main differences between the Ugra tillers with a power take-off shaft and the Oka 6.5 hp tillers .:
Useful advice! The prices of Ugra tillers are higher than the prices of Oka tillers, however, tillers with Ugra PTO are characterized by a more complex design and efficiency in operation. Therefore, if there is a large area of land, it makes sense to buy a Ugra motorblock larger than 7 hp, the price of which will be higher, however, at the same time be sure that the equipment will easily cope with all the tasks assigned to it.
The best models of Chinese tillers
If you decide to turn to the most budget Chinese tillers, then here you can find decent options. According to reviews, Centaur tillers are distinguished by reliability and efficiency. The 1080D model is especially praised: it is favorably distinguished from its analogues by the configuration of an extended gearbox.
It is recommended to buy a Centaur tillerblock to perform the following works:
- mowing grass;
- cleaning of dirt, snow;
- planting a variety of crops;
- transportation of goods weighing up to 600 kg;
- pumping water for subsequent watering of the site;
- leveling of sand mixtures.
And although the average price of Centaur tillers (30-40 thousand rubles) exceeds the cost of the cheapest representatives of Chinese Champion equipment (26-44 thousand rubles), they can boast of power and excellent performance. And the Centaur MB 1080D-5 is recognized as the fastest tillerblock among similar models.
The prices of Bison tillers (18-73 thousand rubles) will be pleasantly pleased, while the equipment is characterized by uninterrupted operation and adaptability to heavy loads. This technique shows itself well when processing complex surfaces and large areas of soil. The impressive weight guarantees an excellent level of adhesion to the surface. As a result, you can be sure of the high quality of the work.
Interestingly, manufacturers of Bison equipment are constantly upgrading their products, and the use of the latest technologies has made tillers more environmentally friendly: they pollute the environment less with harmful substances compared to their counterparts, and also produce less noise.
With a small plot area and priority of speed in operation, consumers choose Chinese Storm 9 hp tillers. They are distinguished by ease of maintenance, ease of use and budget price (about 50 thousand rubles).
Useful advice! Regardless of the type and brand of the tillerblock, it is possible to extend its operational life with proper care. Do not forget to wash the device after each use, paying special attention to the cutters and the case.
Features and prices of Motor Sich tillers
This type of equipment is in fact mini-tractors adapted to any type of land cultivation. At the same time, they are distinguished by high maneuverability and safety of use. The equipment is manufactured in accordance with all international quality standards. At the same time, the devices are assembled at a Ukrainian factory, which significantly reduces their cost. The average price of this manufacturer’s equipment is in the range of 80-90 thousand rubles.
A variety of models allows you to choose the best option for your goals. At the same time, convenient labeling makes it easy to understand the main features of this device. However, there are few design differences between the models: they are mainly distinguished by the type of motor. Petrol tillers MB-6 and MB-8 are equipped with engines manufactured by Motor Sich. Other models have Wiema engines.
Interestingly, the plant provides two guarantees for the products: for the motor of the tillerblock and for its body. Due to the unpretentiousness of the engine, in case of proper operation, it can work for a whole season without additional oil refueling.
The large ground clearance ensures uninterrupted operation of the equipment even on rough terrain. A variety of attachments guarantees the versatility of the equipment.
How to understand the variety of tillers
To make a deliberate purchase, you need to consider:
- if your tasks are not limited to cultivating the soil, then you should prefer a full-fledged tillerblock to a cultivator: it is much more versatile and will greatly facilitate your daily work on the site;
- diesel tillers are more expensive than gasoline ones, but they justify themselves by the economy of use;
- when calculating the power of the equipment, take into account the area of your site and the nature of the soil;
- pay attention to the complete set of tillers and check the price of tracks for tillers and other devices at the purchase stage: most of the functionality depends on additional equipment, and it is impossible to plan a budget without knowing its cost;
- many devices can be made independently: there are many drawings of a potato digger for a tillerblock with your own hands or a video of a snowmobile from a tillerblock with your own hands;
- an important role is played by the manufacturer. Japanese equipment is of the highest quality and most expensive, but it makes sense to choose it if large financial investments are justified. Chinese models are the cheapest, but often their quality leaves much to be desired, since the low cost is explained by savings on materials;
- the products of domestic brands cannot boast of an impeccable Japanese reputation, however, many modern models make up a worthy competition in quality. Moreover, more and more companies are using imported parts, for example, Subaru engines for tillers.
Thus, choosing a decent model requires careful comparison of options and preliminary calculations. But the result is worth the effort, because in the form of a tillerblock you will get an irreplaceable assistant on the site.