Thermostat in the socket for household heaters: how to choose the best
A comfortable stay in the room mainly depends on the temperature. Therefore, in the cold season, a heater appears in every house. However, the concept of an optimal temperature regime is different for everyone, while severe overheating creates no less inconvenience than cold. Therefore, the best option is a thermostat in a socket for household heaters: it allows you to create the necessary conditions without unnecessary effort.
Why do we need outlets with a thermostat for heaters
The temperature regime in the room, as a rule, is set by the heater. However, the main disadvantage in its operation is the need to adjust the temperature regime during heating. That is, when a comfortable temperature is reached in the room, the heater has to be turned off, and when it gets cool again, go turn it on.
The problem of maintaining a comfortable temperature on a constant basis is easily solved if you buy a thermostat for the heater. With this device, you do not have to constantly adjust the operation of the heating device – the thermostat will do it for you.
The thermostat in the socket for household heaters: the main advantages
Among the main advantages of these devices:
- efficiency – allows you to create a comfortable temperature regime in the room;
- versatility – suitable for use both in an apartment and in an office or private house, as well as utility rooms;
- fine tuning – the device adjusts the temperature according to the parameters you set;
- easy to install – there is no need to call a specialist, no special tools and skills are required for installation, all you need is to simply plug the device into an outlet.
How to connect the thermostat to the heater
Externally, the device is a conventional socket adapter or overlay. On one side of the device there is a plug for connecting to the mains, on the other side there is an outlet into which the heater is connected directly.
Interestingly, many thermostats are suitable not only for heating appliances, but are also combined with air conditioners, electric kettles, lamps and other household electrical appliances. In each case, the settings are individual and depend on the functions of the device.
Useful advice! The thermostat functions regardless of the type of heater, its model and manufacturer, so by buying a thermostat in an outlet, you don’t have to worry about device compatibility. It is only important to keep a balance: the heater power should not exceed the permissible value for the thermostat.
How to connect the device:
How thermoregulators for household heaters work
The operation of the device is based on a sensor that analyzes information about the ambient temperature. When it falls to the lower limit set by the user, the mechanism is triggered and the bimetallic plate or relay and circuit are closed. As a result, the device gets access to the power grid and begins to warm the room.
As soon as the room warms up to the maximum value allowed by the user, the sensor records this indicator again, and the reacting mechanism blocks access to electricity. In the presence of a bimetallic plate, when heated, it opens the network itself and the heater ceases to receive electricity. Consequently, the heating of the room stops.
As a result of the operation of the thermostat, a comfortable temperature regime is constantly maintained in the room.
Thermoregulators in an outlet with an air temperature sensor: types of devices
To choose the right thermostat for you, you should understand what types of devices there are and how they differ.
Classification of temperature regulating devices:
|Classification||Types of thermostats|
|By type of installation|
|By the type of location of temperature sensors|
|By design and type of control|
How to choose a suitable outlet thermostat
In order for the purchased outlet thermostat to last long and efficiently, carefully approach the choice of the device model.
Useful advice! Make sure that the thermostat analyzes the ambient temperature. Models that focus on the temperature regime in the heater itself, much less effectively regulate the microclimate in the room.
What you need to pay attention to when buying:
- the power of your heater – it should not be higher than the permissible for the thermostat. For example, thermostats are usually designed for a load of 2 kW, 3 kW, 3.5 kW. Ideally, the power required by the heater should be 30% less than that indicated on the back of the socket controller;
- the purpose of the room where the thermostat will be located. Each model has its own temperature range and the device should be selected according to the characteristics of the room;
- manufacturer – choose proven brands, including Sardo, Devolt, Tessla, Deegre, Terneo, Enaut, Digitop, Socket, Hager;
- the degree of protection is IP20 for most, which means that it is categorically impossible to use such devices in the bathroom and other rooms where the humidity level is increased. For such rooms, choose a device with a degree of protection of at least IP44;
Thermostat for infrared heater: installation and use. Types and characteristics of devices. How to connect a thermostat to an infrared heater. Overview of the best models of thermostats.
- appearance – color and shape will help to harmoniously fit the device into the interior of the room, in addition, you can choose the most compact option or choose a model equipped with a child lock system;
- functionality – decide whether you need to control the thermostat via the Internet or whether the basic capabilities of inexpensive models of thermostats are enough.
Useful advice! “Advanced” models of thermostats are able to control various household appliances, in addition, they can be programmed by days of the week. Such types of devices are relevant for a country house, where a couple of hours before arrival you will be able to set the required temperature, and the rest of the time maintain neutral + 7 without unnecessary energy consumption.
Features of the selection of thermoregulators for the cellar
In the cellar, where fruits, vegetables and preservation are stored, the primary task is to maintain a suitable air temperature. With frosts or warming, temperature spikes can be critical for supplies. To protect them, it is worth getting a thermostat with an air temperature sensor for the cellar. Due to its cost-effectiveness and adaptability to long-term continuous operation, such a device will be the optimal solution for creating the necessary microclimate in the room.
Uneven temperature distribution is especially important in the cellar, so it is important to choose the right place for the sensor location. It should be located:
- at an average, not too large and not too small distance from the heater;
- low – optimal at a height of 3-5 cm above the floor level;
- close to vegetables, fruits, canned food and other products that are stored in the cellar.
Prices of thermoregulators with an air temperature sensor
Considering the cost of the heater and subsequent energy costs, I want to save as much as possible on buying a thermostat. There are two main parameters, paying attention to which, you will make a reasonable purchase:
- availability of additional functions;
- the manufacturing company.
The cost of the thermostat is affected by its functionality. Therefore, first of all, analyze how you will use the device. For example, a wi-fi-controlled thermostat costs much more than the base model and it makes sense to overpay for a convenient function only if it is really necessary and you are going to use it. Otherwise, it is easy to save money by choosing a simpler model. For example, mechanical thermostats cost from 1200 rubles, electronic ones – from 1500, while the cost of programmable ones starts from 1700 rubles.
Another way to save money is to choose domestic analogues of foreign devices that are cheaper, while similar in functionality and efficiency. For example, the cost of Eratherm thermostats starts from 2000 rubles, and the products of the company ELRA – 1500 rubles.