Long-term wood-burning boilers for the home: device and varieties Gorenje
Why do we need long-burning boilers for gorenje for the house? When building private housing, there is always a need to build an autonomous heating system. It is good if gas is supplied to the construction site. Otherwise, you can, of course, use the electric option, but electricity is too expensive. The second option is an ordinary wood–burning stove with a water circuit, but for heating a large area you will need too much firewood, which is also not cheap. However, if you use long-burning boilers with wood for the house, then most problems will be avoided. Gorenje
Boilers for long-term gorenje on wood for the house
Solid-fuel thermal installations are not an innovation. In various variations, they have been used since time immemorial. While burning fuel in huge quantities was not a problem for anyone, they did not lose relevance. However, in modern conditions, such a wasteful attitude to resources is inappropriate. Because of this, boilers for heating with wood for long gorenje have become widespread. For their functioning in the operating mode, several times less firewood is required than in direct-flow furnaces and boilers.
The installation is a furnace with two chambers. Firewood is loaded into one of them. They slowly smolder from top to bottom with minimal oxygen access. One portion of firewood is enough for 12 – 15 hours of boiler operation. As a result of this smoldering, pyrolysis gas is released, which is forcibly fed through the nozzles into the second chamber. There it is subjected to intense gorenje. After all, air enters this compartment in sufficient quantity. During combustion, a large amount of heat is released, which heats the liquid inside the circuit.
In addition to efficiency, these boilers are highly environmentally friendly, as they are able to split organic substances from fuel almost without residues. Therefore, the smoke from such furnaces is completely safe for humans.
Useful advice! In order to get the maximum benefit from heating boilers gorenje long-burning, you need to purchase their combined options. Such installations are also capable of operating on conventional natural gas. Switching between modes in them is carried out automatically.
Varieties of solid fuel boilers with long-term gorenje
Boilers for long-term gorenje on firewood for the house are available in different modifications. There are simple and inexpensive devices, the device of which provides only the most important function – space heating. Such boilers do not require electricity connection, they have full autonomy and can be used in dachas, baths or garages. Their use is not recommended for heating a residential building. The option with electric motors necessary for forced air circulation and a water circuit in the combustion chamber is the most popular, as it is a combination of sufficient functionality and reasonable price. Expensive versions of this heating equipment are equipped with automation, emergency protection and many other additional functions.
Boilers of long-term gorenje on firewood for the house are single-circuit and double-circuit. The first ones carry out water heating only for heating, and the second ones allow using hot water for domestic water supply. Some expensive models work perfectly on gaseous or liquid hydrocarbon fuel.
A wide variety of types of these economical boilers makes it possible to use them as independent heat sources for heating a house or household buildings, and as an alternative device that is switched on in the event of a gas supply interruption to the main unit.
Before purchasing the equipment, it is necessary to take into account the following important characteristics:
- the boiler is completely autonomous or depends on electricity;
- what area is it able to heat;
- how accessible is the type of fuel used in your area;
- what are the indicators of thermal leaks in this model;
- what temperature the unit is able to maintain.
Considering that 1 kW of energy is required to maintain a temperature of 25 degrees on an area of 10 m2, a boiler with a capacity of 10 kW is needed to heat a house with an area of 100 m2. To the result obtained, you need to add another 20 to 30% of the power. The figures depend on the quality of the insulation of the room and which double-glazed windows are installed.
Useful advice! Living in an area where there are frequent power outages, it is not worth buying an energy-dependent boiler for long-term gorenje for a house. It is better to buy an option that has full autonomy.
In addition to the units of industrial manufacture, there are many options for homemade boilers for long-term gorenje on wood. Folk craftsmen make them from various improvised materials. Some samples may well compete with the factory ones in many characteristics. The quality of the boiler depends on the qualification of the welder, as well as on the purpose of the device itself. After all, heating of domestic premises does not require a beautiful aesthetic appearance and a complex device.
Any, even a very high-quality homemade boiler of long gorenje on wood, can not be used for independent and permanent heating of a residential building. No fire supervision authority will issue permits without existing certificates of compliance with all fire requirements. They can be obtained only by a duly registered company engaged in the manufacture of boilers, only after the equipment has passed all the necessary regulatory tests.
However, if you need the device only for heating a garage, a bathhouse or a garden house, then you can make a boiler with your own hands on long gorenje wood. It is not difficult to assemble it from improvised materials if you have the skills to use an electric welding machine and a grinder.
A boiler on firewood for long-term gorenje with your own hands: step-by-step instructions
The manufacture of a solid fuel boiler from improvised means is not difficult. The main task is to design it so that the firewood in the combustion chamber does not burn, but only smoulders. Below is an example of manufacturing a cylindrical version of a wood-burning boiler, in which there is a water circuit for connecting a garage heating system:
- we take a piece of pipe with a diameter of 30 to 100 cm. The size will depend on the volume of the combustion chamber, and, consequently, the power. The length of this pipe can be from 70 to 130 cm;
- cut out three circles. Two should match the diameter of the pipe – they will be the bottom and lid, and the third is smaller by about 5 mm. A piston will be made of it;
- we make the exhaust pipe up to 1.7 m long and up to 100 mm in diameter;
- in addition, you will need pieces of heavy channel, grates, pipe trimmings of small diameter, as well as a thin tube for making a water circuit;
- to the circle, which will be the bottom, we weld 4 legs made of pipe scraps. Their height should be 5-10 cm – The circle itself should find its place at the bottom of the main pipe. It needs to be welded very efficiently so that there are no visible holes in the seam;
- in the circle for the piston, we cut a hole in the center, along the edges of which we weld a pipe to remove smoke. On the opposite side, we fasten the channels by welding, observing the balance of the piston;
- in the upper lid, we also make a hole for the pipe and weld it tightly, not forgetting to put the piston inside and mount the coil of the contour, which should have an inlet and outlet with a fitting outwards;
- we cut a square hole under the door and make it from this piece of metal, using massive canopies. Inside we weld the corners on which we install the grate;
- below the level of the grate, a hole is cut for the blower, which should have a door with the ability to adjust the air flow.
A self-made boiler on long-burning wood, ready for use. Gorenje
Useful advice! It is better to fill such a stove with firewood together. One person lifts a piston by the pipe, and the second puts a full firebox of firewood, after which he sets them on fire. When they flare up, the air supply should be limited. The gas released during smoldering will burn intensively above the piston, heating the water circuit.
Boilers with long–term gorenje wood – a great alternative to traditional thermal units.