Light gasoline cultivator: a compact assistant in the suburban area
Every owner of a country house knows that taking care of a plot without using additional equipment takes a very long time. Therefore, today there are a huge number of various devices designed to facilitate work in the country. These include a light gasoline cultivator. Let’s look at how to choose the right device yourself and what to pay special attention to when buying.
Light gasoline cultivator: is it so necessary for the care of the suburban area?
Of course, all the tasks that the cultivator performs can be performed with a shovel and other garden tools. However, a lot of extra time and effort is spent on processing even a small piece of land.
For many, the main obstacle on the way to such an acquisition is the fear of using technology based on fears of not coping with complex management. However, today you can find a wide variety of device models on sale, including light gasoline cultivators for women, which are so easy to operate that even elderly people can manage them.
The cultivator can be used for many different purposes, including loosening the soil, forming beds, as well as cleaning the soil from weeds. High efficiency of use allows you to significantly save time and effort, while performing all the necessary tasks. Summer residents often resort to cultivating vegetable and potato beds, as well as areas where berries grow. And small-sized devices allow you to process even hard-to-reach plots of land in flower beds and greenhouses.
Despite its modest size, the cultivator is quite capable of harvesting, as well as leveling and fertilizing the soil is no worse than a larger device – a tillerblock. The weight of the cultivator can vary between 8-50 kg. And here it is important to properly assess your needs and choose a device that is suitable in size.
Varieties of cultivators for cottages: light, medium and heavy
To determine whether a light cultivator is enough for your needs or you need a more serious device, you need to understand what they are and for what purposes each type is intended. If a woman can handle a device weighing about 12 kg, then larger models require more serious physical efforts. In addition, it is worth considering that with a light cultivator you will not be able to cultivate large areas or loosen the ground to a depth of more than 25-30 cm.
Let’s consider each type of cultivator and the features of its use:
It is in connection with this classification of cultivators among the owners of country houses that lightweight models are most popular, which are convenient to store, as well as easy to use and maintain.
Types of engines and features of the configuration of light cultivators
Another important characteristic that will largely determine the further use of the device is the type of engine. To begin with, we will consider all the existing options, and then we will try to determine whether the gasoline cultivator has advantages over the others, and if so, which ones.
Manual cultivators are the most primitive version of this device, which consists of several disks and asterisks. This device is the most compact and lightweight, but it absolutely cannot compete with more modern models, as it is functionally limited. All it can do is remove weeds and loosen the soil.
An electric cultivator of a light class is a device equipped with an engine that receives power directly from the mains, that is, from an outlet. It is believed that such devices are more environmentally friendly, since they keep the atmosphere clean and do not pollute it with exhaust gases. However, the main drawback of this type of devices is that they are extremely difficult to use on a plot whose area exceeds 6 acres.
As a solution to the problem of binding to a power source, battery models have been developed that do not require direct connection to the network. This significantly expands the radius of operation of the device, but such devices cannot boast of high power.
For cottages, a gasoline mini cultivator is the most convenient solution. With its high power, it is not tied to an outlet and can be used completely autonomously. However, it is worth noting that this is not the most cost-effective option among all.
Useful advice! In order to prevent the formation of carbon deposits on the engine and extend its service life, it is recommended to fill the tank with A95 or at least A92 gasoline.
Which is better: electric or gasoline cultivator for the country
On the topic of which cultivator is better – gasoline or electric, there are still disputes. Both options have their advantages, and much depends on which characteristics will be decisive for you.
Once again, we stipulate that the biggest drawback of electrical devices compared to gasoline ones is attachment to the outlet. Otherwise, these devices are more environmentally friendly and stable in operation. If the area of the plot is small enough, then this option will be quite enough.
However, despite some disadvantages, the gasoline mini cultivator is very popular due to its autonomy, greater power of the device, and, undoubtedly, a lower price. However, in this case you have to put up with a certain degree of noise of the device, as well as the fact that periodically you still have to carry out technical inspection, and sometimes engine repairs.
Attachments for motor cultivators: what is it and why is it necessary
In addition to the basic equipment of cultivators, there is also a large number of a wide variety of auxiliary elements that allow the device to perform a particular function. It is impossible to list all the existing nozzles, but you can consider several of the most popular and in-demand:
- a trolley for transporting small weights. Such an addition can only be used with sufficient power of the device, but it can significantly facilitate work on the site;
- special rakes designed for lawn care, which allow you to thin out the grass and eliminate dry roots in parallel;
- blade blade, which is used for garbage collection, and in bad weather – snow or dirt;
- grass mower;
- a special device designed for sweeping;
- a plow designed for digging potatoes;
- a spud with a special V-shaped ploughshare, which allows you to make perfectly smooth furrows for planting various crops;
- an aerator is a device that makes it possible to make a hole in the ground, thus ensuring access of oxygen and water to the roots of plants.
Useful advice! To buy a cultivator of a light class will be very useful to those who are engaged in greenhouse cultivation of plants. In such a limited area, there is simply no better device for cultivating the land.
In addition to such additional devices, there are also ways to improve the capabilities of the cultivator, for example, if there are pneumatic tires on the wheels, the patency of the device will greatly increase. And special ground hooks will increase the traction of the cultivator.
What you need to know to buy a gasoline cultivator for a cottage
In order not to lose money with the purchase and buy a cultivator that will suit you according to the technical characteristics and will serve properly for a long time, it is necessary to take into account several important aspects, making them the basis of your choice:
- it will be better if such equipment is produced by a fairly well-known company that has a stable position on the world market, and whose products comply with all standards and have proper certification.;
- it is necessary to choose the right power and size of the device. There is absolutely no need to buy a device with more features than is really necessary. It is important to understand that each additional parameter increases the price, and the high power of the device increases the fuel consumption required for operation. Therefore, it is better to purchase compact devices for small areas;
- in order to buy a suitable cultivator, familiarize yourself in advance with the functions that it offers. So, some models can fertilize plants with fertilizers or prepare the land for planting;
- do not ignore such an indicator as the energy intensity and productivity of the cultivator, which depend primarily on the power and quality of the parts used. This indicator can be specified by the manufacturer or calculated by you yourself.
In addition, it is necessary to understand that if you want to buy a gasoline cultivator inexpensively, you will have to sacrifice something: either the power or the quality of the materials used. Do not count on the fact that you will be able to purchase a high-quality device for a low price.
Water-cooled diesel tillers: types of equipment and tips for choosing The main features and advantages of the units. Varieties of tillers, comparison of popular models and recommendations for selection.
How to choose and buy a gasoline mini cultivator based on the area of the plot
The estimated processing area is one of the decisive factors in choosing a suitable gasoline cultivator. Therefore, before making a purchase, it is necessary to evaluate the upcoming work and use the following selection rules:
- if the area of the treated area does not exceed 8 acres, then it would be rational to purchase a device with a capacity of 3.5 hp. At the same time, the recommended capture width is 60 cm;
- for a plot of land with an area of 9-12 acres, a light mini cultivator for a cottage with a declared power of 4 hp and a grip width of 80 cm is suitable;
- to process 13-35 acres, a cultivator of greater power is needed, for example, 5-6 hp and a strip width of at least 90 cm;
- in large territories, the area of which reaches 1 ha, it is worth using engines with a capacity of 9 hp and a capture width of 1 m.
In all other cases, it is impractical to use cultivators and you need to think about acquiring a different level of equipment.
Useful advice! Speaking about the area, it is necessary to mean only the territory that will be processed, and not the entire site as a whole.
Overview of light cultivators for cottages: prices and main characteristics
Various manufacturers offer a wide variety of device models that differ from each other. And the first thing that attracts the attention of buyers is the prices of gasoline cultivators for cottages. Let’s consider the price limits for some devices and their brief characteristics:
|Title||Characteristics and Features||Weight, kg||Average cost, rub.|
|GC243 Champion||Comfortable cast rubber wheels, 2-stroke engine||18,2||9500|
|Echo TC-210||Worm drive, 2-ac motor||9,5||27000|
|DAEWOO DAT 3530||2-stroke engine, the presence of 16 cutters||16||12990|
|CAIMAN NANO 40K||The engine is 4 hp.||26||29990|
|AURORA GARDENER 450 MINI||4-stroke engine with a capacity of 5 hp.||31||18000|
|TEXAS HOBBY 480 BR||4-stroke engine, worm drive||28,5||24990|
|Neva MK-100||4-stroke engine, multiple gears||51||24500|
|CHAMPION BC 5712||Adjustment of the capture width of the processed strip||52||17500|
|TEXAS Hobby 501TG||4-stroke 5.5 hp engine.||40||14500|
|Hyundai T 700||4-stroke 5.5 hp engine.||47||20900|
Overview of popular models of mini cultivators, their advantages and disadvantages
As can be seen from the table, there are more than enough offers on the market to satisfy the requirements of absolutely any buyer. However, focusing only on prices, it is very easy to get confused and buy not exactly what you need. Therefore, we will make a brief overview of the proposed models, consider not only their main characteristics, but also advantages, disadvantages and features.
Motorcycle Cultivator Champion GC243
This lightweight and powerful cultivator of Chinese production perfectly copes with any tasks. Champion GC243 is suitable for working in greenhouses, flower beds, front gardens, as well as for processing beds. The width of the working strip is 24 cm. The manufacturer provides a 12–month warranty for its products.
The advantages of this model include:
- light weight – 18.2 kg, which makes it easy to operate and carry the device;
- there are 2 milling cutters in the original configuration;
- the cultivator provides plowing of the bed to a depth of 220 mm;
- two–stroke engine, power – 1,7 hp.;
- the volume of the gas tank is 1.3 liters.
Among the disadvantages, the need to constantly lubricate the gearbox is noted. But according to the reviews, this disadvantage is easily covered by the ease and convenience of use, as well as the small size and light weight, which makes it easy to use the device in a limited area. The price is quite consistent with the quality.
Useful advice! When deciding where to buy a mini cultivator, start searching from the official websites of manufacturers. There you will find the most favorable price offers, and you will also be able to get a guarantee for the product.
Lightweight cultivator for women Echo TC-210
One of the lightest and easiest to operate models is the Echo TC-210. With the declared engine power of 1.02 hp, it is capable of efficiently processing small plots of land both open and closed (for example, in greenhouses). In one pass, the device captures a 21 cm wide strip.
With an almost minimal weight of 9.5 kg, the device is perfect for digging and weeding beds in a small area. This cultivator is manufactured in the USA, has a 2-year warranty on the engine and 5 years on the mechanism.
The main advantages of this model are:
- 10-tooth milling cutter, which allows not only to process virgin land, but also to eliminate small roots of shrubs and trees;
- the presence of a two-stroke Japanese engine with a volume of 21.2 cm3;
- the depth of plowing the soil is up to 25 cm.
Among the disadvantages of this device is the lack of reverse gear, as well as a considerable price. However, almost all reviews about this cultivator are positive and indicate its high efficiency, as well as ease of use and high maneuverability.
Light gasoline cultivator DAEWOO DAT 3530
If you want to buy a cheap gasoline cultivator for the country, then the DAEWOO DAT 3530 model is an ideal option. Being produced in China, it is in no way inferior to European-level devices and copes perfectly with any heavy soils. Among the nice additions of this model is the presence of a primer that allows you to start the device without problems even after it has not been used for a long time. Among other advantages of this model are noted:
- transmission of 90% of the torque from the motor to the milling cutters;
- the ability to easily disassemble the structure for maintenance;
- the use of special high-strength steel for the manufacture of milling cutters;
- double wheels;
- we adjust the coulter;
- folding handle.
The manufacturer provides a 3-year warranty for its products, which additionally indicates the high quality of the devices. And the low weight and dimensions make the use of this unit simple and convenient.
Useful advice! The presence of a folding mechanism in the handle of the cultivator allows you to comfortably transport it in the car. If you have a need to transport such a device, it is better to worry about the availability of this function in advance.
Cultivator CAIMAN NANO 40K
Not the lightest, but very easy to use cultivator made in France, equipped with a 4-stroke engine. When buying this device, you get a 3-year warranty from the manufacturer, as well as many additional benefits:
- in case of purchase registration, the warranty period is extended for another 1 year;
- possibility of soil treatment to a depth of up to 32 cm;
- folding and adjustable handle;
- gripping of the working surface – 60 cm;
- 4 hp Kawasaki FG 100 engine
The price of a mini cultivator for giving this model cannot be called low, however, given the quality offered, as well as a substantial warranty period, such expenses will be fully justified. Especially if you plan to use the device often enough or its brand is important to you.
Simple and convenient cultivator AURORA GARDENER 450 MINI
This is a very compact cultivator that allows you to cultivate the soil and prepare the soil for the winter season. The engine start system is simplified as much as possible, which makes it easy for women and elderly people to use the device. Also, this Chinese model is equipped with a strong body capable of withstanding quite serious loads.
The main advantages of the device:
- the gearbox casing is made of durable metal;
- economical gasoline consumption;
- the package includes 16 milling cutters, limiting discs, as well as a transport wheel;
- the presence of height adjustment of the handle;
- 4-stroke engine with overhead valves.
Another feature of this model is the presence of control knobs on the handle. On the left side, you can switch speeds, and on the right – control the throttle.
Petrol mini cultivator TEXAS HOBBY 480 BR
Another Chinese cultivator model designed for processing small plots of land. Equipped with an American-made engine, it has a 1-year warranty period and many positive characteristics:
the ability to adjust the position of the handle and adjust to the height of the user;
- aluminum housing;
- 4-stroke American Briggs&Stratton 500 series engine with a capacity of 4.5 hp;
- worm drive;
- convenient for transportation.
Among the disadvantages, we can note only the presence of only two speeds (forward and backward).
Mini cultivator Neva MK-100
Japanese engines are used for the production of Neva cultivators today, although it is worth noting that the assembly process itself is made in Russia. The warranty offered by the manufacturer for its products is 2 years.
Neva MK-100 motorcycle cultivators represent a line of devices similar in basic characteristics, which, nevertheless, have some differences. For example, the Neva MK-100-07R model differs from the Neva MK-100-07 by the presence of special protective discs designed to prevent foreign objects from entering the working mechanism.
Among the advantages of the light cultivator Neva , the following characteristics are distinguished:
- the presence of multiple gears, which makes the device more maneuverable;
- modest fuel consumption – 280 g/hp.h.;
- availability of a 4-stroke engine;
- convenient location of the center of gravity, allowing you to comfortably use and move the cultivator;
- the ability to install a wide variety of additional attachments to perform any tasks and work in various conditions.
Among the disadvantages, considerable weight is noted, and the rest of the design of this option is excellent for use in domestic conditions and processing of small areas.
Useful advice! Russian motorcycle cultivators occupy an equally strong position on the world market. Therefore, when making a choice, you should not neglect the consideration of models of domestic production.
Motorcycle cultivator for cottages CHAMPION BC 5712
A lightweight and very convenient device equipped with a four-stroke engine, designed for processing a sufficiently large area and applying mineral fertilizers to the soil. It is possible to adjust the width of the grip at positions 30, 55 and 85 cm. In addition, the device is equipped with a system to reduce the amount of harmful emissions into the atmosphere. The device is manufactured in China and has a 12-month warranty period.
Why should I buy a lightweight cultivator CHAMPION BC 5712:
- the presence of two speeds: forward and backward;
- the basic equipment includes wheels, side protection, milling cutters, as well as a coulter;
- the ability to plow the soil to a depth of 30-33 cm;
- ample opportunities for the use of additional attachments and devices.
Although this is far from the easiest option, the size of the gasoline mini cultivator of this model allows you to process heavy soil and large plots of land. Additionally, the system is equipped with an automatic shutdown in case of jamming of the cutters, which makes working with the device safe.
Motorcycle cultivator Texas Hobby 501TG
A Chinese-made gasoline cultivator with a warranty period of 12 months. This is one of the most popular options, despite its weight. It is chosen as an alternative option between too light and too heavy devices.
Advantages of the Texas Hobby 501TG Motorcycle cultivator:
- processing depth up to 33 cm;
- the width of the processed strip is 50 cm;
- there are 4 milling cutters included;
- single-cylinder 4-stroke engine with 5.5 hp.;
- worm gear.
Useful advice! When purchasing a motorcycle cultivator, also think about the fact that you will need to take care of the availability of storage space for it. In this regard, choose a model of the appropriate size, as well as, if necessary, with the ability to partially disassemble or fold the device.
Hyundai T 700 Cultivator
A fairly heavy cultivator with a 4-stroke Hyundai IS 160 motor. The peculiarity of this model is one hundred percent transmission of torque from the engine. Despite the seemingly rather large weight, the model is very maneuverable and mobile. It is possible to significantly expand the capabilities of the device with the help of additional elements.
Advantages of this cultivator:
- the ability to process the soil to a depth of up to 30 cm;
- the engine is 5.5 hp.;
- milling cutter rotation speed – 114 rpm;
- the volume of the fuel tank is 3.6 liters.
The price of a gasoline mini cultivator for giving this model is defined as average. On the Internet, you can find a sufficient number of reviews that claim that the price for this gasoline cultivator is quite justified.
Having decided to buy a light gasoline cultivator, you will allow yourself to save a huge amount of effort that you have to spend annually on processing your suburban area. Moreover, today the choice among simple and not too expensive models is quite large. The main thing you need to do before buying a mini cultivator is to properly assess your needs and capabilities.