Infrared ceiling heaters with thermostat: prices, model overview
With modern prices for utilities, I want to save money by all means. However, you can’t do without heat in winter, so heater manufacturers throw all their resources into developing economical ways to heat rooms. Among them are infrared ceiling heaters with a thermostat: the prices of these devices are more than justified by the durability and efficiency of work and energy savings.
Features of ceiling infrared heaters with a thermostat
The principle of operation of the heater is based on infrared light. Such light does not affect the air, but objects, heating them. The sun acts on the same principle. In the heat, it is often possible to observe heat waves over hot asphalt and other heated objects. In this case, the sun works as an infrared heater: it does not heat the air, but the asphalt itself, which acts as a convector, absorbing cold air and giving off hot.
It is simple to understand how IR heaters work: in their case, infrared radiation acts as a heat carrier, warming up objects in the room from the inside, which, in turn, act as convectors or heating batteries. A conventional radiator at home works on the principle of heating its surface with water, after which the battery warms up the air. This process leads to a feeling of stuffiness in the room.
If you buy an infrared ceiling heater, it will help solve this problem. After all, continuing the analogy with the sun, if it burned oxygen, life on Earth would cease to exist. That is, the infrared heater does not burn oxygen and there is no feeling of lack of air in the room.
Ceiling infrared heaters: the whole truth and myths, pros and cons of devices
Infrared heaters are one of the most modern heating systems with many advantages over previous solutions. However, like any device, this technique has its drawbacks. Let’s look at the pros and cons of such heaters.
Advantages of buying ceiling IR heaters with a thermostat
Infrared ceiling-type heaters have the following advantages:
- compact and space–saving – ceiling IR heaters with a thermostat do not take up space in the room and do not clutter up the living space;
- cost–effectiveness – such a device helps to significantly reduce electricity costs and utility bills, mainly due to the thermostat;
- these heaters do not dry the air, respectively, there is no need for constant ventilation of the room, additional use of a humidifier and air conditioner, which also contributes to savings.;
- easy to install – the absence of complex circuits allows you to connect the heater yourself;
- a wealth of choice – from a variety of shapes and models, you can always choose a ceiling infrared heater, the price of which suits you, and the appearance of the device fits seamlessly into the interior;
- harmlessness to human health – you can install such a heater in any living room, including a child’s bedroom;
- fire safety – any infrared ceiling heater of the new generation is equipped with a special sensor that reacts to overheating, and in case of a risk of fire, the device will simply turn off.
Disadvantages of buying an infrared heater with a thermostat
The disadvantages of purchasing an infrared ceiling heater are as follows:
- cost – the price of ceiling infrared heaters, although compensated by long-term and efficient operation, is nevertheless quite high and, depending on the company and the power of the device, can reach 30 thousand rubles. for one heater.;
Useful advice! To save money on buying a heater, you can pay attention to the products of domestic companies. For example, if you buy an infrared ceiling heater Icoline or Bilux, it will cost many times cheaper with a similar quality to the European one.
- problems with using with low ceilings in the room – in this case, you will have to prefer a wall or floor heater to a ceiling heater;
- the need to take into account the possibilities of wiring even before buying a device – if many electrical appliances are used in your apartment at the same time, there may be an excessive load on the network.
Ceiling infrared heater with thermostat for cottages and homes. Other types of devices
Before buying an infrared ceiling heater for a house, cottage or non-residential premises, carefully study all types of devices and possible model options. Each type of device has its own characteristics: some are optimally suited for the home, while others are categorically not suitable for residential premises. Let’s focus on the classification of heating devices in more detail.
Classification of heaters by power and radiation source
Various types of heating devices, their features and applications:
|Heater type||Heater Features||Where to use|
|Film Infrared Ceiling heater||the best option for a summer cottage|
|Gas heater||such a heater cannot be left unattended, so it is inconvenient for residential premises|
|Electric household heater||residential premises|
Useful advice! If an infrared heater acts as the main source of heat in your home, make sure that there are thermostats in every room. These devices help to maintain a constant comfortable temperature in the room, and also act as additional measures against possible ignition.
Choosing an infrared ceiling heater for a greenhouse
At the stage when seed germination is expected, the temperature regime in the room and the soil temperature are of particular importance. That’s why infrared heaters in the country are often used not only to heat the house, but also in the greenhouse.
For these purposes, it is better to choose small models of low power, since heavy-duty appliances are not needed to heat the greenhouse, and compact dimensions will simplify installation. In the case of a long greenhouse, it is better to equip it with several weaker heaters instead of one powerful one.
An infrared heater is the best choice for gardeners, because when the inner space of the greenhouse is heated by other devices, the heated air rises, leaving the soil cold and not accelerating the germination of seeds and the development of plants. The infrared device, first of all, will affect the plants and the soil, and then the air.
In addition, such devices are economical, especially in the presence of a thermostat, which will help to avoid overheating and overspending of electricity. And all costs are paid off by increasing germination and reducing the time for which seeds germinate. For example, when heating the soil with infrared heaters, the germination rate increases by 30-35%, which repeatedly justifies the costs in the case of expensive elite seeds or the urgent need to obtain a very early harvest.
Classification of infrared heaters by design
Depending on the design features , infrared heaters are divided into the following types:
- panel panels made in the form of flat thin rectangular panels (most often with a flat heating element);
- in the form of a lamp with a reflector and a spiral heater (it can have a different shape, size, thickness and appearance);
- film, made in the form of a polymer film with a heater applied with a thick layer on its surface.
Classification of heating elements
According to the shape of the heating elements are:
- lamellar flat;
- film ultrathin.
According to the material of manufacture , heating elements are divided into:
- quartz – the source of infrared radiation is a tungsten filament in a quartz vacuum tube or a monolithic slab of quartz sand;
- carbon fiber – the source of radiation is carbon fiber or ultrathin plates;
- halogen – the tube in such heaters is filled with inert gas;
- ceramic – the heat is evenly distributed over the plates of ceramic parts, the surface of the heater is almost not heated;
- mycathermic – have the ability to heat objects.
How to choose an infrared ceiling heater
First of all, when choosing a heater, one should proceed from the characteristics of the room in which the device will be installed. However, there are general characteristics that you should pay attention to when buying.
Table with the main characteristics of infrared ceiling heaters:
|Characteristic||Recommendations for choosing|
|Protection from moisture and condensation|
|Heater manufacturing material (for film heaters)|
Useful advice! If you have not found where to buy a ceiling infrared heater that suits you in all respects, do not rush to buy what you have. Contact the online stores of proven manufacturers – very often the assortment on the sites is larger than in offline stores.
Ceiling infrared electric heaters: choosing a thermostat
The price of an IR heater with a thermostat will be higher than devices without a built-in thermostat. But keep in mind that the purchase of a thermostat separately can be compared with the price of the heater itself. At the same time, everything depends on the manufacturer of the device and its complexity, so there are budget models on the market. If you decide to purchase a thermostat separately, you should know what characteristics to pay attention to.
Types of thermostats and their features:
|Type of thermostat||Features|
|Mechanical thermostat with timer|
|Electronic thermostat with the ability to manually adjust the temperature|
Useful advice! Choose a thermostat and an infrared heater from the same manufacturer. This measure eliminates the risk of incompatibility of devices.
How to install an infrared heater
The main thing that is important to consider when installing a ceiling heater is the ceiling height. Make sure that it allows you to position the device, leaving the minimum allowable distance from the heater to the head of a standing person. For example, the smallest distance allowed between the heater and the head of a standing person is 0.5 m. Thus, the ceiling in the room should be at least 2.30 m.
Also pay attention to the ceiling finishing material – it must be non-flammable. If your ceiling is finished with PVC film, clapboard or plastic panels, buy only a device specially designed for such cases, or give preference to a wall or floor heater.
This type of heaters is easy to install. You do not need to purchase additional accessories – all the necessary fasteners are included with the device.
Of the tools you will need:
- a hammer;
Step-by-step installation instructions
Installation stages of the ceiling infrared heater:
Useful advice! If there is a wooden ceiling in the room, drilling is not necessary – it is enough to screw in the screws.
How to install a film heater
A film ceiling heater is even easier to install. Fix the device to the ceiling with screws or glue. Be careful with the heating element – choose other places for mounting on the surface of the device.
Depending on the size of the room, after installing the heater, the heat in the room is felt after 10-30 minutes.
Rating of ceiling infrared heaters, features of manufacturers
Various heaters of both domestic and foreign manufacturers are presented on the market. And each company has its own leading models. So, let’s consider the most popular ceiling-type IR heaters:
- infrared ceiling heaters Peony. The equipment of this brand is the number one solution when choosing among domestic manufacturers. The models of this company with ceramic heaters are especially popular. The company also has an original line of design devices in glass cases. One of the main advantages of these heaters is versatility – suitable models can be found for both home and country. In addition, the price of infrared ceiling heaters with a Peony thermostat will be lower than foreign analogues with similar quality;
- Ballu infrared ceiling heaters. This company is the undisputed leader among the products of foreign manufacturers. Balu infrared ceiling heaters are durable. In addition, the products of this company are universal: both models for domestic and industrial use are presented on the market;
- ceiling heaters of the Ecoline type. The devices of this company show themselves well in everyday life. Their strong point is high efficiency with a long service life without loss of operational characteristics;
Infrared heaters: pros and cons, prices for appliances. The use of infrared heaters for various rooms. The heating area of the devices. Almak heaters. Average prices for infrared devices.
- infrared heaters TeploV. Industrial infrared ceiling heaters of this company have proven themselves especially well. Among their advantages are adaptability to continuous operation, the ability to work at extreme temperatures and resistance to negative environmental influences;
- ceiling heaters PLAN. This company offers high-quality film heaters.
Infrared ceiling heaters with thermostat: device prices
Comparison of prices for infrared ceiling heaters from various manufacturers:
|Manufacturer||Price level, rub.|
|Heat V||from 4000|
Choosing a heater, I want to save money. However, try to think over the purchase in the long term, because it is worth taking into account not only the cost, but also the power, durability of the device. You should proceed, first of all, from your goal.
For example, buying an infrared film ceiling heater with a thermostat, the price of which is significantly lower than other types of infrared heaters, will be justified if your task is to solve the momentary problem of heating the room (for example, in a rented apartment or in the country). But, if you expect to use such a heater for decades, it is better to pay attention to models with longer service lives – they are more expensive, but pay off with long and trouble-free operation.