How to make a solid fuel boiler with your own hands for long-term gorenje: drawings
Sometimes it is advisable to make a solid fuel boiler with your own hands for long-term gorenje: drawings and diagrams are freely available. The ability to handle a tool and skillful hands provide a good service when building your own house or cottage. There is always a need to build some kind of structure yourself. After all, this significantly reduces the cost of any undertaking. Heating units are no exception. In the old days, people hired a stove maker to lay brick stoves. Today, boilers on solid fuel of long-term combustion have become the most popular.Gorenje
The principle of operation of solid fuel boilers and their device
Solid organic fuel is the most ancient source of energy for mankind. It is impossible to completely abandon it, even in the modern world. Moreover, in addition to firewood and coal, many other types of combustible solids have appeared today:
- peat briquettes – dried and compressed peat emits a lot of heat during combustion;
- briquettes from woodworking waste – compressed sawdust, shavings and bark of trees;
- birch charcoal is the same as for the barbecue;
- recycled garbage from landfills;
- fuel heating pellets are fine fuel obtained by pressing sawdust. Can be fed automatically;
- ordinary dry sawdust.
It is clear that all this fuel is obtained by processing various wastes, which solves the problem of recycling at enterprises and goes in line with the “green” economy.
Useful advice! The most affordable fuel listed above is sawdust. If you intend to use them for heating, make sure that they have a humidity of less than 20%. Large indicators of this parameter will not allow pyrolysis gas to be produced, since most of the heating energy will go to drying the fuel.
As a result of human activity, a colossal amount of waste is generated, which can be converted into high-energy fuel, which led to the appearance on the market of heating boilers on solid fuel of long-term gorenje. Unlike conventional furnaces, these units do not work on the combustion of the fuel itself, but on its splitting as a result of heating. In the working chamber of such boilers, gaseous decomposition products of solid fuel are burned. Such a scheme of work is several times more efficient than conventional combustion of organic fuel. Pyrolysis gas, gives off a large amount of energy.
The device of such a gas generator set is not very complicated. You can even build a solid-fuel boiler with your own hands for long-term gorenje. The drawing of the simplest variant looks like this:
- a closed cylindrical tank, which has a hatch for laying fuel, a blower and a hole for installing a chimney;
- an air distributor is located inside the tank, which creates a swirl of pyrolysis gas. It is attached to a movable telescopic tube. All this design, similar to a piston, presses on the fuel from above. The combustion of gas occurs above the piston, and the fuel smoulders under it;
- the heat exchanger is integrated in the upper chamber, where the maximum temperature is reached.
Slow smoldering of solid fuel occurs in the lower chamber. It is achieved by adjusting the air supply to the blower. The released gas burns intensively in the upper chamber and heats the coolant.
Useful advice! It is not necessary to use the simplest design for the manufacture of a boiler that will heat a residential building on a permanent basis. To do this, you need to either purchase a finished product, or make a more complex and reliable option.
Boilers on solid fuel of long-term gorenje can be irreplaceable in private houses, in household structures, garages and greenhouses. They will be especially beneficial where there is a large wood-processing production, since waste at such enterprises is given away almost free of charge. These units are also needed in areas where there are regular interruptions in gas supply. Such installations have many advantages, but there is also one important drawback – very high cost. That is why today it is important to manufacture solid fuel boilers of long-term gorenje with your own hands. Drawings for this can be used of varying degrees of complexity. It depends on the skill level.
Water heating of a private house with your own hands, design schemes. Pros and cons. The difference between natural and forced water circulation.
How to make a solid fuel boiler with your own hands for long-term gorenje: drawings and diagrams
Before you start making a boiler, you need to decide on its design. Its choice depends on the purpose of the unit. If it is intended for heating a small utility room, garage or country house, then it is not necessary to make a water circuit in it. Heating of such a room will occur directly from the surface of the boiler, by convection of air masses in the room, as from a furnace. For greater efficiency, it is possible to arrange forced blowing of the unit with air using a fan. If there is a liquid heating system in the room, it is necessary to provide a circuit device in the boiler in the form of a coil from a pipe or other similar design.
Connection diagram of a solid fuel boiler to a heating system
The choice of option also depends on the type of solid fuel that will need to be used. For heating with conventional firewood, an increased volume of the furnace is required, and for the use of small fuel pellets, a special container can be arranged from which the granular fuel is fed into the boiler automatically. For the manufacture of a solid-fuel boiler of long-term gorenje with their own hands, the drawing can be taken and universal. It is suitable for any type of solid fuel used.
We will tell you step by step how and from what parts it is possible to make a heating boiler on solid fuel of long-term gorenje according to the proposed scheme.:
- we will prepare the place where the future unit will be installed. The base on which it will stand should be smooth, strong, rigid and fireproof. A concrete foundation or a thick cast-iron or steel plate is best suited for this. The walls should also be upholstered with refractory material, if they are wooden;
- we collect all the necessary materials and tools: from which we will need an electric arc welding machine, a grinder and a tape measure. Made of materials: sheet 4 mm steel; 300 mm steel pipe with walls of 3 mm, as well as other pipes of 60 and 100 mm diameter;
- in order to make a boiler on solid fuel of long–term gorenje, it is necessary to cut a piece of 1 m long from a large 300 mm pipe. It is possible to make a little less, if there is a need for it.;
- from a steel sheet, we cut out the bottom along the diameter of the pipe and weld it, providing legs from a channel up to 10 cm long;
- the air distributor is made in the form of a circle made of a sheet of steel with a diameter 20 mm smaller than the pipe. An impeller from a corner with a shelf size of 50 mm is welded into the lower part of the circle. To do this, you can use a channel of a similar size;
- from above, we weld a 60 mm pipe into the middle of the distributor, which should be higher than the boiler. In the middle of the distributor disc, we cut a hole through the pipe, so that there is a through tunnel. It is needed for air supply. In the upper part of the pipe, a flap is cut in, which will allow for the adjustment of the air supply;
- in the lowest part of the boiler, we make a small door equipped with a latch and hinges leading to the ash pan for the convenience of ash removal. From above, we cut a hole for the chimney in the boiler and weld a 100–mm pipe into this place. At first, it goes at a slight angle sideways and up by 40 cm, and then strictly vertically upwards. The passage of the chimney through the ceiling of the room must be protected according to the rules of fire safety;
- we are finishing the construction of a heating boiler on solid fuel of long-term gorenje by manufacturing the top cover. In its center there should be a hole for the pipe of the air flow distributor. The fit to the walls of the boiler should be very tight, excluding air ingress.
Useful advice! In order to ignite a solid-fuel boiler of long-term gorenje, made by yourself, the drawing of which was presented above, it is necessary: remove the lid and lift the regulator, fill the boiler with fuel to the top and pour it with flammable liquid, put everything in place and throw a burning splinter into the regulator pipe. When the fuel ignites, reduce the air flow to a minimum so that it only begins to smolder. After that, the pyrolysis gas will ignite and the boiler will start.
How I made a solid-fuel boiler for long-term gorenje: reviews and recommendations
“I work at a sawmill. I used to take home knots and cutting carts. I found out about the solid fuel boiler of long-term gorenje, read the reviews and decided to do it. Turn out. Now it takes three times less firewood, and the same amount of heat.”
Alexander Nikolaev, Syktyvkar
“I saw a miracle boiler in a friend’s garage. We repaired the car with him in the morning. He put firewood in it, so he didn’t touch it again until the evening. I couldn’t understand anything until he explained the whole scheme to me. Here, I also caught fire with the idea to put it in my garage. A friend said he would give drawings.”
Nikolay Platonov, Surgut
“If you decide to make, for example, a solid-fuel boiler of long-term gorenje at your dacha, reviews of which were found on the web, then do everything clearly according to the scheme in compliance with all safety rules. And then, my neighbor burned down my dacha when he installed the boiler all in holes.”
Andrey Shirshov, Tyumen
The heating device described above will serve you faithfully, allowing you to save on energy. However, do not forget to do everything efficiently, without departing from the scheme.