Electronic thermometer with remote sensor: features and advantages
Everyone in life has repeatedly had the need to find out the temperature outside the window. Many people are interested in this indicator several times a day, while the goal may be both a domestic desire to understand how warm to dress today, and a production need. That’s what an electronic thermometer with a remote sensor is for.
Scope of use of electronic thermometers for measuring air temperature
This digital device is distinguished by practicality and ease of use. Its main purpose is to measure the temperature regime both indoors and outside.
First of all, electronic thermometers are relevant in everyday life: they allow you to easily and quickly find out the temperature outside. In addition, modern window thermometers for plastic windows perfectly fit into the design of today’s apartments, unlike the old pre-revolutionary thermometers.
In addition to home use, such thermometers are used:
- in technological premises;
- in aquariums;
- in tanks where animals are kept;
- in warehouses;
- for baths and saunas.
One of the important qualities of electronic thermometers with a remote sensor for home and industrial needs is the ability to continuously monitor the temperature regime both indoors and outside, which is especially important for the safety of products, maintaining the vital activity of some animals and creating a comfortable microclimate.
Useful advice! If you need to measure the temperature not outside the window or within the room, but a specific object, pay attention to infrared electronic thermometers: they determine the temperature by simply pointing at the object you are interested in.
Electronic thermometer with remote sensor: device and principle of operation
In order for the use of this device to be convenient and bring maximum benefit, it is worth understanding the principles of its functioning.
How to use electronic thermometers with a remote sensor
The device comes with two parts:
The sensitive thermocouple is enclosed in a rubber, plastic or metal shell. From it, temperature pulses are transmitted to the main unit. In wired models, the length of the wire is 1-3 m, but recently wireless options have become increasingly popular, where a radio transmitter with a thermocouple is located on the street.
A miniature sensor is pushed into the street by drilling a small hole in a wooden window frame, or through a rubber exhaust in the case of plastic shutters. Often, the sensor is carried out through the rubber seal of the plastic sash and fixed to the window glass with a suction cup. At the same time, the main sensor can be easily and conveniently placed in a room on a windowsill, table, shelf or even hung on the wall.
The principle of placing the thermometer on the refrigerator is similar. The device body is attached to the refrigerator with a suction cup or next to the refrigerator, while the sensor is placed inside the camera.
Features of operation of electronic thermometers with a remote sensor
Due to the high sensitivity of window street thermometers for plastic windows, the measurement error is minimal. You can see the measurement data on the display of the main unit. Thus, the additional convenience of an outdoor digital thermometer is in the absence of the need to peer into the mercury thermometer, trying to distinguish the readings by a barely noticeable column. On an outdoor window thermometer with a remote sensor, all information is clearly and clearly displayed on a contrasting display in your room.
Useful advice! When buying an outdoor electronic thermometer with a remote sensor, pay attention to models equipped with a humidity sensor. This way you will be able to track changes in this indicator and will be warned about the probability of precipitation.
Features and useful functions of outdoor window thermometers
When purchasing a thermometer, pay attention to its characteristics and additional features that make digital window thermometers more convenient and functional.
Features and advantages of electronic street thermometers
Thanks to the achievements of modern technologies, digital thermometers are able to work under different conditions and are as convenient as possible in everyday life:
- household electronic thermometers operate at a wide temperature range. For the indoor main unit, the operating range is from -10 to +50°C, the outdoor sensor retains its operational characteristics at temperatures from -50 to +70°C. This allows the use of thermometers in all climatic zones of Russia;
- you can not worry about the safety and accuracy of the device readings in all weather conditions: thanks to the sealed housing, the sensor is not afraid of snow, wind, rain and scorching sun;
- interestingly, a radio transmitter with a thermocouple can be installed not only on the street. If you need to measure the temperature in a room or inside another object, you can place a capsule with a sensor in a greenhouse, garage, cellar, workshop and even a refrigerator;
- wireless electronic outdoor thermometers with a remote sensor are easy to place in any convenient place, they do not have to be near the window;
- modern devices do not just record the temperature, but carry out full-fledged monitoring and analyze the data obtained.
Additional functions of electronic digital thermometers with a remote sensor
Modern devices have various additional features that expand the functionality of the thermometer. When choosing a thermometer, these characteristics can play an important role.
|Determination of the probability of ice||At temperatures ranging from -1 to -3 °C, the device warns you about the increased likelihood of ice on the street.|
|Data analysis||The thermometer records the maximum and minimum temperature and records this data in memory.|
|USB connection||Through the USB port, you can connect the interface to your computer, copy, analyze and process the received data and make reports based on the information in the device’s memory.|
|Additional indicators||The thermometer can be equipped with a clock, a built-in alarm clock and a calendar, combining in one device all the useful indicators we need daily. Among the best multifunctional models are rst window thermometers equipped with a clock and a smart alarm clock.|
|Determination of humidity level||The humidity indicator allows you to predict the probability of precipitation outside.|
Useful advice! When buying a digital thermometer, pay attention to the full functionality of the device and do not take too “smart” models if you do not need all their capabilities. This way you will significantly save money, because simpler models are much cheaper than multifunctional ones.
If you have a need for data analysis, make sure that the selected model is equipped with a USB port and the ability to process the recorded indicators. If your only purpose of buying is to find out the temperature outside, choose the simplest concise thermometer model.
Who needs to buy an electronic thermometer with a remote sensor of advanced functionality
Buying a window thermometer equipped with additional features can be useful for:
- amateur weather forecasters: from the comfort of your home, you will be able to monitor all weather indicators and receive highly accurate data;
- weather-dependent people: predicting weather changes in advance will help predict well-being and adjust plans or take the necessary medications on time;
- ogorodnikov: understanding the nuances of weather conditions will allow you to take care of plants in time, choose the best time for planting or harvesting;
- extreme athletes: understanding the upcoming weather conditions will help you choose the best day for paragliding, surfing and other activities that depend on the strength of the wind;
- people whose work and hobbies depend on weather conditions: you will be able to decide on plans in time and choose a good day to achieve your goals.
Varieties of electronic thermometers with a remote sensor
One of the important advantages of such thermometers is their mobility. You can not only place the main display anywhere in the room and change the location according to your mood and need, but even carry it with you.
The most popular options:
Useful advice! Remember that even portable thermometers are limited to a radius of 60 m from the sensor – it is within this distance that the device functions.
The use of electronic thermometers with a remote sensor for the bath
The peculiarity of a bath or sauna in conditions of high temperature and humidity within the premises. Therefore, it is extremely important to accurately measure and maintain a given temperature regime. For this purpose, electronic thermometers for measuring temperature with a remote sensor are optimally suited.
Advantages of thermometers with remote sensors for baths
The following characteristics make electronic thermometers with remote sensors ideal for baths:
- resistance to temperature changes and exposure to very high temperatures;
- adaptability to the effects of high humidity;
Weather stations for the home: the possibilities of “smart weather forecasters”
Types and capabilities of devices. Criteria for the selection of meteorological complexes. Rating of wireless models. Where to buy a weather station.
- high strength, protection against mechanical damage;
- if accidentally touched, the case of the device will not leave burns on the skin – it does not heat up to such an extent;
- the minimum margin of error.
Features of thermometers with remote sensors for baths
A variety of models allows you to choose the best option for your goals, but there are several general recommendations that help you choose the optimal model:
- a remote thermometer sensor for a bath can be wired or wireless: in the second case, information from the sensor is transmitted to the main unit using radio waves;
- in the bath, an important indicator is not only the temperature, but also the humidity of the air – to measure it, pay attention to the hygrometer thermometer;
- pay attention to the additional functions of thermometers for baths: for example, the device can notify you with an audible signal when the set temperature is reached;
- in the case of a remote sensor, the sensor itself is installed in the steam room, and a thermometer with indicators is mounted at the entrance – in the rest room or dressing room; thus, the temperature inside the room can be found even at the entrance to the bath;
- electronic thermometers are able to withstand temperatures from -50 to +200 ° C, which allows them to function without interference in a steam room;
- many models allow you to connect up to three wireless sensors to one main display;
- the distance at which the sensors transmit information to the main body of the device is up to 40 m;
- thermometers for baths are made of heat-resistant plastic and steel, so they are not afraid of extreme steam room conditions;
- the error in the readings of electronic thermometers does not exceed 0.5 ° C.
What is the humidity sensor for?
For carrying out bath procedures, not only the temperature is of great importance, but also the air humidity indicator. Therefore, knowing both of these characteristics, you can create an optimal microclimate in the bath.
At high humidity, the air temperature should not exceed 40 ° C. In the case of low humidity, the temperature can reach 80 °C.
Thermometers for baths: comparison of manufacturers and types
Each of the models has its own characteristics. Pay attention to the relevant ones for working in conditions of high temperature and humidity and convenient for use in the bath:
- electronic models of RST have increased resistance to high temperatures;
- Sawo thermometers are characterized by a variety of models and shapes, while the housings of all products are made of high–quality wood – cedar, oak, pine and other species;
- when choosing between capillary, arrow and digital options, you should prefer buying a digital thermometer with a remote sensor – they are more expensive than other models, but differ in safety, visibility and the highest accuracy of readings.
Features of installation of thermometers for baths
In order for the thermometer to function properly and the readings to be accurate, follow these rules:
Useful advice! For maximum accuracy of readings, set several thermometers at different heights – because depending on the height, the air temperature differs.
How to make an electronic thermometer with your own hands
If you feel a craving for invention, you can master the creation of a digital thermometer with your own hands. As a result, you will get a working device connected to a computer via a port. Thus, you will be able both to maintain the necessary temperature regime in the aquarium, incubator, storage and other premises, and to monitor and further analyze changes in the weather outside.
Moreover, creating a digital thermometer with a remote sensor with your own hands allows you to connect several sensors to one two- or three-wire line. As a result, you minimize costs and at the same time you can monitor and adjust the temperature regime in several places at once.
What you need to assemble an electronic thermometer with a remote sensor with your own hands
To successfully create the device, you will need:
- thermal sensor – for example, Dallas SD1820, one or more;
- two Schottky diodes;
- 3.9 V, 6.2 V and 5.6V zener diodes;
- one diode 1N4148;
- one 10mkF capacitor at 16V;
- one resistor 1.5 kohm 0.25 W;
- housing for the connector;
- nine-pin connector of the mom type COM port.
Useful advice! Use zener diodes of minimal power – they are characterized by maximum compactness.
With proper skill, the installation of parts can be done directly on the connector – this option is the most convenient and practical.
As a result, you get a thermometer operating in the temperature range from -55 to +125 °C with an absolute conversion error of less than 0.5°C. The maximum total conversion time is approximately 750 ms.
The device of the 1-Wire interface node allows you to address an unlimited number of such devices on one single-wire line. Parasitic power supply of a single-wire line allows the device to function without an external power source.
The required voltage value for powering the device via a separate external pin is from 3 to 5.5 V. The thermometer is placed in the transistor housing TO-92.
Software for electronic thermometer operation
The finished device does not require sensor calibration. It remains to connect the sensor to the computer port, after which a temperature measurement program is required. Temp is a suitable option.Keeper: it allows you to monitor the temperature regime of various objects and environments, depending on the placement of sensors.
Useful advice! Making such a device with your own hands requires some experience in designing such mechanisms, as well as appropriate spare parts. Therefore, in the absence of relevant experience, it would be better to buy an outdoor electronic thermometer, in which case you will be sure of its serviceability and efficient operation.
Electronic thermometers: reviews of work
Before buying an electronic device, it is important to weigh the pros and cons. And here you should pay attention to the experience of real people using the device for a long time.
According to user reviews, there are two main aspects that are advised to consider when buying:
From the useful functions , according to their own experience , users distinguish:
- built-in hygrometer for measuring humidity outside the window, because without this indicator it is difficult to maintain a comfortable indoor climate; however, most thermometers measure humidity only indoors, so a thermometer with a remote sensor is relevant to you;
- a household home thermometer with a hygrometer allows you to navigate much more accurately in weather conditions and will become a real home weather station, because the indicators in your area may differ markedly from the one where meteorologists take measurements;
- the presence of a hygrometer allows you to track climate change on the street during the day and, for example, choose the right moment to ventilate the room;
- by comparing humidity indicators, you will be able to determine the source of dampness in the room.
Thus, modern thermometers with a remote sensor are not limited to simply measuring the temperature outside or indoors and allow you to analyze weather indicators in any conditions.